This workshop is a forum of mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers and physicists performing research on finite field arithmetic, interested in communicating the advances in the theory, applications, and implementations of finite fields. The workshop will help to bridge the gap between the mathematical theory of finite fields and their hardware/software implementations and technical applications.
WAIFI 2016 will be held in Ghent University's congress centre "Het Pand", Ghent, Belgium
The REGISTRATION, Conference VENUE and other LOCAL INFORMATION will be found HERE.
Main Workshop Themes
The topics of WAIFI include but are not limited to:
Theory of finite field arithmetic:
- Bases (canonical, normal, dual, weakly dual, triangular ...)
- Polynomial factorization, irreducible polynomials
- Primitive elements
- Prime fields, binary fields, extension fields, composite fields, tower fields ...
- Elliptic and Hyperelliptic curves
Hardware/Software implementation of finite field arithmetic:
- Optimal arithmetic modules
- Design and implementation of finite field arithmetic processors
- Design and implementation of arithmetic algorithms
- Pseudorandom number generators
- Hardware/Software Co-design
- IP (Intellectual Property) components
- Field programmable and reconfigurable systems
- Communication systems
- Error correcting codes
- Finite geometry
- Quantum computing
The proceedings will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science series after the workshop as post-proceedings.
|LNCS: Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.|